- Soak the rice in water for 4 hours. Drain and cook the rice with 500 ml water in a rice cooker. Ensure the rice is slightly dry since you’ll be adding vinegar to them a bit later.
- Once the rice is cooked, add 6 tbsp rice vinegar and spread them on a plate to allow them to cool completely.
- Spread out a bamboo mat and place one sheet of seaweed on it. Spread a thin layer of cool rice on the seaweed sheet. Ensure at least 1 cm space is left uncovered on the seaweed’s top and bottom sides. This will ensure proper sealing.
- Dot the wasabi on the rice layer. Place the avocados, cucumber, and smoked salmon on the rice. Place them in a manner that they’re at a distance of about 2.5 cm from the seaweed’s bottom edge.
- Wet the seaweed’s top edge slightly and roll from the bottom to the top tightly by using the bamboo mat. Cut the rolled preparation into 8 equal pieces. Follow the same procedure for the other rolls.
The recipe builds upon the latest trend of using sushi fillings and combining the flavors of avocado and smoked salmon with mascarpone cheese. Coriander and cucumber add an extra richness to this recipe.
Did you know salmon often ingest toxic chemicals and mercury dumped into the water which can cause poisoning in humans?