Raspberry Vinegar Chicken Breasts
boneless and skinless chicken breast
tbsp shallots — finely chopped
tbsp vegetable oil
cup raspberry vinegar
cup chicken stock
cup heavy whipped cream
How to make Raspberry Vinegar Chicken Breasts
- Add butter and oil in a saucepan and heat over medium flame. Add the chicken and allow it to turn light brown on both sides.
- Remove from the pan once the meat is cooked and the juices run clear. Keep aside.
- Add the chicken stock and shallots to the pan and cook on low heat for 3 minutes. Add the raspberry vinegar and bring to a boil. Lower the heat while stirring. Allow the preparation to thicken.
- Add the cream and stir. Add the chicken to the pan and heat for 1 minute to allow it to warm. Keep turning the chicken pieces so they are coated well with sauce. Sprinkle pepper and salt and it is ready to serve.
- Did you know modern chickens are all descendants of India and Southeast Asia’s red jungle fowl? For at least the last 4,000 years, these have been domesticated. Many experts believe that these were first domesticated not for food but for cockfights.
- Chicken is one of the most popular diets and it is believed that an average American consumes more than 90 lb of this meat in a year. It is said that our body can obtain nearly 30 nutritional substances from merely 100 g of chicken.