How to Make Simple Spinach Lasagna
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Medium heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add in the spinach, onion, oregano, basil leaves, and garlic. Mix until well combined.
- Pour in the spaghetti sauce and water. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and egg in a large bowl.
- Evenly spread a small amount of prepared sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Place the uncooked lasagna sheets on the top of the layered sauce. Now layer them up with the cheese mixture. Repeat the process until all the ingredients are completely used.
- Cover the dish with a foil. Bake it in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake it for another 10 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese mixture is melted.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- July 29th is celebrated as the National Lasagna Day.
- Lasagna first originated in Italy, in the region of Emilia Romagna.
- The earliest lasagna recipes are known to be dated back from the 13th
- In Italy lasagna is referred to as “lasagne”, which is basically its plural form.
The Forme of Cury, the first cookbook published in England in the 14th century, featured lasagna.