How to Make Sicilian spaghetti
- Make sure that you chop up the eggplants into little chunks.
- Put the eggplants in a colander and sprinkle with sea salt to eliminate any moisture for about 20 minutes.
- Make sure you properly peel and slice the garlic while properly slicing the basil leaves too.
- Rinse the eggplant properly and then place in a large bowl along with the oregano, chili flakes, a little bit of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and black peppers.
- Place olive oil in a frying pan and bring to medium heat. Add the eggplants and fry them for 5-8 minutes until the eggplant are softened and brought to a golden color.
- Keep stirring and taking out the eggplant as they reach the desired color.
- Add the vinegar and tomatoes and let them simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water for about 8 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti and add some water to eggplant sauce.
- Add the spaghetti to the eggplant sauce.
- Add virgin olive oil in order to season properly.
- Finish up by grating parmesan cheese all over the finished product to add aesthetic and taste.
- 4th January is National Spaghetti Day.
- The first pasta shop in the US was opened by a French immigrant, Zenega in Brooklyn in 1848.
Spaghetti is rich in gluten.