- 1 (12 ounce) packet of spaghetti, bow-tie pasta or other shape of your choice
- • 1 (28 ounce) can of peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 4-5 cloves of garlic (finely chopped or minced)
- 3 large sprigs Basil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (cubed)
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan or pecorino (grated)
A delicious, easy and quick cure for hunger, Pasta al Pomodoro is an Italian quintessential meal, perfect for a delicious savory dinner.
Although it sounds like a fancy, complicated dish, pasta al Pomodoro is the most basic tomato sauce pasta in the Italian cuisine. It is made with a simple tomato, onion and garlic base infused with the sharp high flavors of basil and parmesan, which will leave you wanting more.
Learn how to make this mouthwatering Italian classic with this easy recipe.
Pasta al Pomodoro is a carbohydrate rich meal, which is incredibly beneficial for the skeleto-muscular system and encourages tissue growth and strengthening. Tomatoes provide the dish a substantial amount of iron and dietary fiber that is beneficial for the digestive system.
Calories per serving: 560 Kcal
Fat per serving: 21.5 g
Carbohydrates per serving: 76.2 g
Protein per serving: 14.1 g
How to Make Pasta Al Pomodoro
Pasta Al Pomodoro