Seared Scallops with Garlic Chilly Bacon
packet of fresh scallops, containing 6 pieces inside it
grams of diced bacon
cloves of finely chopped garlic
red chilies, diced and de-seeded
grams of butter
salt and pepper for seasoning and taste
How to Make Seared Scallops with Garlic Chilly Bacon
- Gather the scallops that you have purchased and clean them thoroughly.
- Once clean, take out the adductor muscle that is often present inside scallops.
- Remember to properly score the scallops on both sides by using a knife.
- Place the scallops inside a bowl and use salt, pepper and olive oil on them.
- Now, take out a medium-sized pan and heat it on medium heat.
- Once the pan is heated, add the diced bacon to it and cook until they become crisp.
- Now, add the red chilies and sliced garlic and fry them until the garlic develops a deep shade of grey to it.
- Add olive oil and butter inside a pan now.
- Put the scallops inside the pan, along with the butter and olive oil, and keep them there until they become caramelized.
- Serve hot by putting the scallops under a bacon chili garlic topping. This makes for some amazing taste.
Scallops may not look like it, but they really are animals. They come from the Phylum Mollusca group of animals and are high on protein. This group of animals includes snails, slugs, mussels and oysters, among many others.