- 2 pinches of saffron threads
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil/ or ½ cup butter
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 cups long grain white basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 3-4 cups chicken/vegetable stock
- 3 drops yellow food color (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
Mouthwatering saffron rice is abounding in flavor despite having very few ingredients. Saffron has a hay-like aroma and includes flavor like that of honey. A dish like saffron rice is perfect for times when you are craving for something classic and delectable, but in a very limited time.
The intense flavor of parsley and saffron makes saffron rice a fragrant and savory side dish.
Saffron is directly extracted from a flower, and hence carries plant-derived properties. This spice has anti-oxidant, antiseptic, antidepressant, digestive, and,anti-convulsing properties and hence it is extremely beneficial for health. The various kinds of carotenoids present in saffron protect the body from diseases such as cancer, stress and infections. Saffron also has therapeutic uses.
How to make Saffron Rice