Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette
red bell peppers
tbsp of shallot minced
cup of white balsamic vinegar
tablespoons of honey
tablespoons of Dijon mustard
extra tablespoons to brush on the skin
salt and pepper to add to the taste
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette
- Preheat your oven to around 450 degrees Fahrenheit, or prepare the grill for cooking.
- Slice the peppers in half, remove the stem and de-seed them.
- Brush the peppers with olive oil
- Roast the peppers either in oven or on the grill. It will take around 15 minutes on the grill and 25 minutes in the oven.
- Transfer the piping hot peppers to a bowl and cover the bowl for around 10 minutes. Let the peppers steam.
- Once the peppers have steamed, peel off the skin and reserve the juice.
- Place bell pepper, vinegar, Dijon, shallots and pepper in a high powered blender. Keep them inside the blender until they’re smooth.
- While the machine is running, add in some honey and oil as well. If needed, add some water as well to the concoction.
Red peppers are not vegetables but are actually fruits. They are produced through a flowering plant and contain seeds within them. Most people tend to think of them as vegetables, but that isn’t the case. These peppers are known across the globe, albeit by different names. For instance, they are known as capsicums in Australia.