Roasted Potatoes with Greens
2 lb potatoes with their skin intact
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp of freshly minced rosemary leaves
1 tsp of chopped garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Thyme/oregano or a combination of herbs for garnish (optional)
How to make Roasted Potatoes with Greens
- Preheat the oven to 200 ® C (400 ®F)
- Carefully wash the potatoes.
- Do not peel off the skin. However, you may cut the eyes or any other flaws found on the spud’s surface. Cut the potatoes in small 2-4 inched pieces
- Add the potatoes in your baking dish.
- Drizzle the two tablespoons of olive oil on the potatoes.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and, rosemary to the dish.
- Toss and stir the potatoes with other ingredients. Potatoes must be fully coated with the oil and seasoning to make the dish flavorsome.
- Roast the potatoes for approximately 45 minutes. You may have to occasionally turn sides to distribute heat.
- To test if the potatoes are cooked or not, stab a fork inside. A well-cooked potato will be soft and easy to pierce.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle some herbs (like oregano, thyme or others) over the potatoes.
- Potatoes are actually eighty percent water and only twenty percent solid!
- Potatoes are the world’s favorite vegetable. This statement is proven by the fact that they are the world’ fourth food staple.
- Approximately 125 countries in the world grow potatoes.