Roasted chicken with Risotto and Caramelized onions
2 tbsp butter
340 grams chopped cooked chicken breast
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 ½ cups of rice
½ cup dry white wine
6 cups hot chicken broth
2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
4 tbsp olive oil, finely divided
1 onion, properly chopped
salt to taste
pepper to taste
How to make Roasted chicken with Risotto and Caramelized onions
- Stir 2 tbsp of oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in onions and sauté for about 15 to 20 minutes or until they turn dark golden brown.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the balsamic vinegar. Set it aside.
- Add the remaining oil to a large skillet and heat over medium settings.
- Stir in the rice and mix it well. Let it heat for about 2 minutes. Pour the wine slowly.
- Bring the heat down to medium low and pour the broth slowly.
- As each cup gets absorbed, continue adding more broth. This should be done until all of the broth is absorbed.
- Stir in the onion mixture and let the heat follow through.
- Remove the mixture from heat.
- Add in butter and chicken and season with your choice of salt and pepper to taste.
There are more than 25 billion chickens in the world. This is more than any other bird species on the planet. It is strange to note that chicken were originally bred for cockfighting not food.
A chicken usually has 4 to 5 toes on each foot and can travel up to 9 miles per hour. Usain Bolt will have to run three times as fast to catch up.