How to Make Italian Mashed potatoes
- Properly wash and rub the potatoes to remove all the unwanted soil off the top.
- Boil the potatoes, but start off from cold water and keep them boiling for 40 minutes.
- In order to create Italian mashed potatoes, you’ll need a food mill with a fine sieve. This tool is essential to get the proper Italian feel in the mashed potatoes.
- Once your potatoes are cooked, peel them off ASAP.
- Pour the butter over them quickly in a cold state.
- Keep stirring and sift the potatoes constantly.
- The more you sift, the creamier and smoother the potatoes will be.
- If you do not plan on serving these mashed potatoes immediately, place the potatoes in the refrigerator.
- Make sure you keep the mashed potatoes covered with a plastic wrap.
- When you are ready to serve, put them on a non-stick pan and heat.
- Add Parmigiano and Reggiano cheese while adding some milk as well.
- To top it off, add some salt to taste and pepper.
Serve with a stew or any sort of braised meats.