- 1/4 kg red pumpkin – peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 tomatoes – chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 tbsp tamarind (imli) pulp
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 2 big onions – chopped
- 8 red chilies
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water
Pumpkin chutney is one of the most nutritious and lip-smacking chutneys. If you are worried about making your family eat right and consume daily dietary requirements, this recipe will help you make a nutritious yet delicious side dish, to be served along with meals. Apart from being an add-on with meals, it also goes very well as a dip with crunchy snacks. When you have a whole red pumpkin and wondering what different you can do to please the inhabitants of your home, try this pumpkin chutney!
- Due to easy availability throughout the year and affordability, red pumpkin is considered a poor man’s source of carotene in India.
- It is full of vitamins and nutrients with very few calories. It boosts immunity and is considered good for your heart and bowel movement due to presence of potassium and fiber respectively.
How to make Red Pumpkin Chutney
While all of us love watching pumpkin chariots in fairy tale movies like Cinderella and admire the pumpkin decoration during Halloweens, not many are fond of eating it as a vegetable. No doubt in saying that most of the mothers struggle too hard to feed this healthy and nutrient-rich super food to their kids. Here is a trick to try at those kids. Try serving this side dish and they will eat it happily without even knowing what it is made up of.