Rawas With Ginger Lemon Sauce
fillets of rawas, boneless
roasted pine nuts
small sized lemon
tbsp of butter
salt and black peppercorns to taste
red chilli flakes
tbsp of semolina
cup of Parmesan cheese
cup of bread crumbs
extra virgin olive oil
Chopped coriander leaves
How to Make Rawas With Ginger Lemon Sauce
- Extract all the juice from the lemon and transfer to a small bowl.
- Put the fish pieces in a large bowl, marinate with lemon juice, salt, ginger garlic paste and peppercorns. Set aside for one hour.
- Stir in almonds, pine nuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds and melon seeds. Blend the mixture until it turns coarse. Spread the mixture neatly on a plate.
- Add chilli flakes, parmesan cheese powder, breadcrumbs, semolina, peppercorns, salt and mix them.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, dip the marinated fish pieces in the bowl and coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Pour some oil in a non stick skillet. Place the fish pieces in the oil and fry. Turn the sides until they are golden brown and evenly done.
- To prepare the lemon butter sauce, heat butter in a skillet. Stir in the remaining lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well for about 3 minutes.
- Serve the fish and lemon butter sauce. Enjoy!
Did you know that after spawning, 50% of salmon die within a few weeks? Those that survive spend the rest of their lives in fresh water, never migrating to the ocean.