How to Make Rava Kesari
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush the cardamom pods to a semi-fine powdered form. Repeat this for the saffron threads. Keep both aside.
- Cook ghee in a wok at medium flame.
- In another pan, mix sugar and water. Bring to a boil at medium heat. Add the powdered saffron.
- Stir ghee and when it is hot enough, add rava. Add sliced cashews immediately, stirring continuously.
- Cook the sugar syrup at low heat and let it simmer. Bring to a rapid boil.
- Stir the rava mixture continuously for 6–8 minutes or until light golden. Add the sugar syrup and mix well, until it turns semi-thick in consistency.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan for 4–5 minutes. Serve warm or cold.