How to Make Chilli Fish
- Wash the fish and cut into cubes.
- Add 3/4 tsp. soy sauce, ginger garlic paste, and black pepper. Mix and marinate. Set aside for at least 30 minutes. >3. For the sauce, mix 3/4 tsp. cornstarch, 1 tsp. soy sauce, vinegar, red chili sauce, and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a pan with oil for deep or shallow frying.
- Mix 1 1/2 tbsp. each cornstarch and flour, little salt and stir well. Sprinkle with some water to moisten. Coat the fish cubes with flour mixture. The batter should not be runny. Fish has to be coated with a thin layer of batter.
- Fry the fish pieces to golden on medium heat. Drain on paper towels.
- After you finish frying fish, drain the oil from the pan retaining 2 tbsp. oil in the same pan.
- Add garlic and fry until fragrant. Add bell peppers and white parts of green onion and fry on high heat for about 3 mins. Onions and bell peppers should be crunchy, not over-cooked or soft.
- For saucy recipe, stir in the sauce mixture. When it bubbles, add fish. Remove from the heat and stir well. >10. For dry recipe, continue to cook on high for 2 to 3 minutes. >11. Garnish with chopped green parts of green onion.
- The color of your dish can vary depending on your red chili sauce.
- If you are using salmon to prepare this dish, you need not use egg since this fish remains moist and soft after frying too. But if you are using any other kind, you could toss the fish cubes in 1 small egg to lock the juices in the fish so that they remain soft, juicy and moist after frying.
Lungfish can live out of water for several years. It secretes a mucus cocoon and burrows itself under the unbaked earth. It takes in air with its lung through a built-in breathing tube that leads to the surface. A lungfish has both gills and a lung.