How to Make Prune Juice
For White Wine Ice Cubes
- Fill up an ice tray with white wine.
- Put the ice tray in the freezer and let it freeze for at least a couple of hours.
For Plum Ice Cubes
- Remove the plum stems and their pits.
- Dice the plums into small cubes.
- Add water into the ice tray in a manner that each cube compartment is filled up to only half.
- Add plum slices into the ice tray.
- Put the ice tray into the freezer and let it freeze for at least a couple of hours.
For Strawberry Ice Cubes
- Remove strawberry crowns.
- Slice the strawberries in half.
- Fill up the ice tray in a way that each ice cube compartment is only filled up to half.
- Add half a strawberry slice into each of the ice cube compartments.
- Put the ice tray into the refrigerator and let it freeze for at least a couple of hours.
For the Prune Juice
- Soak the prunes in 3 to 4 glasses of water for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, pour the prune water and soaked prunes into the blender.
- Spin for a few minutes.
- You can serve the prepared prune juice as it is, with all the fiber.
- Another way to serve it is by straining it through a strainer into a jug.
- Once all the pulp has been set aside, fill up half a glass with prune juice.
- Add some sparkling water.
- Add a couple of white wine ice cubes, a couple of plum ice cubes and a couple of strawberry ice cubes into the glass.
- Serve while it’s still chilled!
- Prunes are a dried form of plums.
- Only 1 pound of prune can be produced using 3 pounds of fresh plums.
- A plum tree begins to bear fruit in about 3 to 6 years.
California is the world’s largest supplier of prunes.