For Beetroot Juice
- Wash the beets thoroughly.
- Peel the beets off.
- Dice the beets into cubes.
- Wash the carrots thoroughly.
- Peel off the carrots.
- Dice the carrots into cubes.
- Add the diced beets and carrots in a blender.
- Add honey into the blender.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice from the lemons into the blender. Make sure that none of the lemon seeds fall into the blender.
- Add ice cubes.
- Blend until all the ingredients turn into fine thick juice.
- Use a strainer to pour juice into a bowl while all the pulp stays behind.
- Pour the beetroot juice into glasses and garnish with chopped basil leaves.
You can make a batch of this juice and store it in your thermos flask, so you can have a cup when you feel like.
Did you know?
- The whole of the beet is edible including its leaves and its roots!
- In ancient times, the roots of the beetroot were used for treating several ailments such as headaches and toothaches.
- A grew the biggest beetroot in the world which weighed about 156 pounds.