How to Make Prawn Rissois
- Skin the prawns and cut them into small sizes.
- Fry onions with butter in a skillet.
- Stir in flour and mix it well.
- Stir in the prawn stock and then milk. Cook for 2 minutes, making sure to stir occasionally.
- Add salt, nutmeg and some pepper to taste. Mix the contents well and set aside.
- Mix water and butter in a separate pan, bring it to a boil.
- As the butter begins to melt, add some salt.
- Add all of the flour to the contents and stir vigorously until the mixture can be removed from the side of pan.
- Transfer this mixture to a board.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes. Roll the mixture into a pastry dough until it is smooth.
- Place some prawn filling on the pastry, fold and cut in any shape you want.
- Dip the contents in beaten eggs, followed by breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the ball until golden brown. Serve.
- It has been estimated that around 30,000 marine turtles are killed every year because of trawl nets meant to fish out shrimp.
The turtles become entangled in the nets and drown. This has placed a strain on the population of turtles, officially classifying the hawksbill turtles as endangered.