- 6 thin bacon slices, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, scrubbed and roughly diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 chopped onion
- Finely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cajun spice mix
- 8 cups vegetable or low sodium chickenbroth
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp minced fresh parsley
- Grated cheddar cheese, for garnish
Potato soup is a comforting, warm and delicious soup. The bacon in it complements the flavor of potato. This classic recipe contains cream.
The dish is commonly served in many parts of the world as a special meal or treat. This potato soup recipe is easy to prepare without much stress. The soup can also be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen for later enjoyment. Down with the cold? Pack some healthy soup to have on the go and give your body much-needed nourishment.Do not forget to store some Potato Soup in a water bottle from Vaya to sip through the day.
How to make Potato Soup
Note: You can also freeze the soup. When cooking from frozen soup, you can either let it thaw in the refrigerator and then use a pan to heat it, or you can place the frozen in a soup pan and add 1/2 cup water before heating.