Portofino Lamb and Artichoke Risotto
tbsp olive oil
cup shallots – chopped
cups Arborio rice – uncooked
cup red wine
cups chicken broth – heated and divided
cup Asiago cheese – grated
cups leftover roast lamb – diced
clove garlic – minced
oz marinated artichoke hearts – undrained and chopped
Howto make Portofino Lamb and Artichoke Risotto
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the onions/shallots and sauté them for 2-3 mins.
- Pour in the rice and stir well to coat; about 1 min.
- Pour in the wine and allow it to be absorbed by the rice.
- Stir in the broth a 1/2 cup at a time.
- Note: Wait until the rice absorbs each 1/2 cup before adding the next 1/2 cup.
- Repeat this until you have used all but 1/4 cup of broth.
- Note: Preserve the remaining broth for later.
- Turn off the heat.
- Note: The rice should be tender but firm after approximately 20 mins.
- Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup of broth, leftover lamb, cheese, garlic, and artichoke hearts.
- Stir well to combine with the rice and serve on warm dinner plates.
The top artichoke producers are Spain, France, and Italy.