- 4 pork chops (bone-in, 1/2-1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil--divided
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms (stem removed, left whole)
- 1 medium onion (peeled, sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, sliced)
- 2 large green peppers (stem removed, seeded, sliced)
- 2 cans tomato sauce (8 ounces each)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp dried sage
- cooked long grain white rice (to serve)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
The traditional Italian dish that brings together a sauce bursting with flavor and the tender pork chops that melt in your mouth. A match made in culinary heaven, as the two heavenly items meet on the plate to create this fascinating dish. Though they’ve gained popularity in the US in the past century, they originated from the south of Italy. Pork chops complimented nicely with a bottle of Chianti is a classic Sicilian cuisine that is eaten all over Italy and now all over the world. Though a dish with numerous elements on the plate, it isn’t an overly complicated dish to create, provided that you pay attention to the details.
These pork chops are rich in sodium and potassium. Additionally, they have a high volume of Protein as well. There are also a number of vitamins that can be found in them, including Vitamin A and C.
How to Make Pork Chops Italiano
Take them out and set aside for about 15 minutes and then serve.