How to Make Popcorn Shrimp
- Before you get started on the shrimp, make sure you have the pan on oiled up.
- Once the oil has been heated up, bring down the flame and keep it on flame.
- In a separate bowl, place the flour and spread evenly.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, salt, basil, parsley, garlic and onion powder in a third bowl.
- After making sure the shrimp are properly peeled, press them into the flour.
- Carefully coat them and make sure to get the adequate amount of flour on each one.
- Now, take the shrimp and dip them into an egg mixture and press them into the bread crumbs.
- Make sure you toss these shrimps in your hand to make sure no excess crumbs make their way in.
- Place the breaded shrimp into a plate. Make sure to keep them separate and not let them mix.
- Heat up the oil again.
- Deep fry the breaded shrimp until they’re golden brown.
- Place the fried shrimps into paper towel to drain the oil away.
- There are more than 1,000 shrimp species around the world.
- They’re one of the best swimmers in the aquatic world, hence hard to capture.
- Shrimps are omnivorous.
- Shrimps are the richest source of selenium in the world.
They are also one of the most important elements of the food chain in the eco-system.