- Pour and boil the pomegranate juice, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan for 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolved.
- Reduce heat and cook until sugar syrup reduces in quantity to about 1 cup. Remove from heat and cool for 25 minutes.
- Transfer into a glass jar and keep in a fridge for 6 months.
- Set saucepan on medium heat and pour in the pomegranate juice, lemon juice and sugar.
- Stir and cook for 6 minutes for the sugar to be completely dissolved.
- Reduce heat and cook for 25 minutes until the quantity reduces to 1 cup. Remove from heat to cool down for about 30 minutes in the saucepan.
- Pour into glass jar and keep in the refrigerator for 6 months.
Lemon played a prominent role among the 3rd century Romans. They believed that it was a potent antidote for all known poisons.