- 140 gm very ripe peeled and cored pineapple or drained canned pineapple chunks
- 50 ml unsweetened coconut cream, shaken or stirred well to incorporate fat
- 30 ml simple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 75 ml white or gold rum, kept in the freezer until freezer-cold
- 114 gm ice cubes
- for garnish Pineapple slice and/or maraschino cherry
- for serving Paper umbrella and straw
Piña colada instantly transports you to warm sandy beaches and turquoise waters. What we dont want is a drink that tastes weak and watery or artificially tropical, as if someone dumped a bottle of tanning oil into the blender.
This version produces a slushy frozen cocktail full of ripe pineapple and rich coconut flavor plus a strong streak of rum.
For an unforgettable Piña colada, use fresh and ripe pineapples. If not, your next best bet is to use the drained diced pineapple from a can.
How to Prepare Piña Colada