Pepperoni Stuffed Mushrooms
button mushrooms, large
tablespoons of butter
cup of pepperoni, diced
clove of garlic, minced
cup of buttery round crackers, crushed
tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, grated
teaspoon of oregano, dried
pinch of salt
pinch of black pepper, ground
cup of chicken broth
How to Make Pepperoni Stuffed Mushrooms
- Set the oven on preheat to 325 degrees F.
- Taking the mushrooms, remove the stems and chop them. Set aside the caps.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add mushroom stems to the melted butter. Stir in onion, pepperoni, and garlic.
- Cook until the onions are soft.
- Stir in cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, and chicken broth.
- Once mixed, remove the skillet from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Taking the mushroom caps, stuff them with pepperoni mixture.
- Take a baking sheet and grease it lightly.
- Place the pepperoni stuffed mushroom caps on the baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Pepperoni stuffed mushrooms is a variation of stuffed mushrooms that is typically served as a side dish or snack.
- Mushroom dishes are reported to be royal food for the Ancient Egyptians.
- The first harvest of mushrooms was conducted by the French in the 17th
Mushrooms became prevalent in the United States in the late 1800s.