Pesto Cheesy Chicken Rolls
boneless chicken breasts, skinned and pounded to about ¼ inch of thickness
cup of basil pesto sauce
slices of mozzarella cheese
nonstick cooking spray for greasing the dish
How to Make Pesto Cheesy Chicken Rolls
- Set the temperatures of the oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray the cooking dish with cooking spray
- Take 2 tbsp of basil pesto sauce and spread them onto the chicken breast.
- Place a slice of mozzarella cheese over the pesto sauce
- Roll the chicken lightly and secure their position with toothpicks
- Place them in the cooking dish that was sprayed with cooking spray
- Bake the dish uncovered for about 45 minutes in the preheated oven
- Once the chicken has browned properly and running with juice, take it out of the pan
- Did you know that one ton of water buffalo milk produced over 24 kg of mozzarella compared to the measly 13 kg obtained from a ton of cow’s milk?
- Mozzarella cheese should not be frozen because the shift from 18 degrees below zero will negatively affect both it flavor and texture.
The reason why it’s called mozzarella is because the paste obtained from the curd is cut by dairy farmers to be modeled in specific forms. It has been derived from the word “Mozze” which means to cut off.