- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 finely diced red bell pepper
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 pound finely diced mushrooms
- 1 pound peeled shrimps
- 15 ounce of Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup Cream
How to Make Peppered Shrimp Alfredo
Homemade Alfredo tastes much better than store-bought Alfredo.
You could also use shells instead of penne pasta.
If you buy Alfredo from the store, always taste it before serving because mostly store-bought Alfredo contains sufficient amount of salt.
For additional flavors, you could use a combination of green and red bell peppers.
You could also add 1/4th cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
The Alfredo sauce that is sold in jar at supermarkets is actually thickened with starch, not cheese.