Penne Pasta with Spinach and Bacon
package of penne pasta weighing approximately
tablespoons of olive oil, divided
slices of chopped bacon
tablespoons of properly minced garlic
can of diced tomatoes weighing
bunch of fresh spinach, torn and rinsed into proper bite-size pieces
How to Make Penne Pasta with Spinach and Bacon
- Bring a large bowl of light salted water and put it to boil.
- Add penne pasta to the water and cook it until it becomes tender within 8 to 10 minutes.
- During the meanwhile, heat around 1 tablespoon of olive oil inside a skillet put over medium heat.
- Place bacon inside the skillet and cook until it has become crisp and browned. This would require you to cook it for around 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes inside the pain and cook them until they have properly and thoroughly heated inside.
- Place the spinach you have with you inside a colander and drain the hot pasta you have over it, so that it becomes properly wilted.
- Transfer the contents to a large serving dish and toss around with what is left of the olive oil, the tomato mixture and the bacon.
Penne pasta is an extremely popular ingredient considered for salads. Penne is one of the popular forms of pasta, and it works best with pasta sauces such as marinara and pesto.