- 1 prebaked pizza crust
- 2 ounces prosciutto (thin strips)
- 1 thinly sliced medium pear
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups sliced sweet onion
- 2 tbsp toasted chopped walnuts
- dash black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula leaves
A pizza without any actual meat and spices is known as the delicious pear and prosciutto pizza. Hold the chili and the pepperoni because there are two new ingredients in town. Yes, you read it right!
You get the crispy goodness of the thinly styled Italian meat, a little sweetness from the pear and the gooey goodness of cheese. This is no ordinary recipe. If you are on a diet and are still craving for a pizza, then this is the recipe to try. We promise; you won’t be disappointed!
- While eating prosciutto daily is not advised, it does provide you with 2% of iron, which is required by your body. This helps you maintain your energy all day long.
- It also helps form red blood cells, which keeps your body in top working condition.
- Moreover, it gives you trace amounts of vitamin B-12, zinc and niacin.
On the other hand, pear helps prevent osteoporosis, has antioxidant effects, is healthy for colon, helps maintain blood sugar level, boosts immunity, improves eye health and protects the heart from bad cholesterol.
How to Make Pear and Prosciutto Pizza
Cut the pizza into eight wedges and enjoy!
Chinese see pear as an immortality symbol. They believe that by sharing a pear, relationship between lover and friends will be destroyed.