How to make Peanut Chutney Powder
- Dry roast peanuts in a kadhai or microwave until the skin peels off or brown spots appear on them.
- Dry roast chana dal a little, until they get crispy.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to the frying pan. Keep the heat on low and roast red chillies and tamarind.Mid way, add curry leaves, and continue to roast until red chillies, tamarind and curry leaves have turned crisp.
- Add garlic and fry the mixture for another 1-2 mins and take off the heat. Garlic will not get crisp. Allow the mixture to cool completely before grinding.
- Transfer the mixture to a grinder. Add salt and pulse it to a medium coarse powder; don't make it too smooth. Store peanut chutney pudi in an airtight container. If handled properly, it can be stored for a few months.
- To serve, mix a spoonful of peanut chutney powder with a dash of ghee / butter /oil /curd and serve as an accompaniment for idly /dosa/ paniyaram/ jowar roti, etc. ... even hot rice.
- There are six cities in the U.S. named Peanut: Peanut, California; Lower Peanut, Pennsylvania; Upper Peanut, Pennsylvania; Peanut, Pennsylvania, Peanut, Tennessee; and Peanut West Virginia.