How to make Panha
- Peel and slice the mango and cut it to pieces leaving out its seed.
- In a vessel, add the cut mango pieces and about 1 cup water, boil for about 10 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temperature and remove the pulp.
- Place the pulp into a processor/blender and puree it into a smooth consistency.
- In a serving jar, add the pulp along with 2 tsp black salt and 2 tsp cumin powder, 4 tbsp sugar (more or less can be added to taste). Mix well.
- Add about 2 ½ cups of cold water and generous amount of ice cubes or crushed ice. Stir well.
- Pour out the drink in serving glasses and garnish with mint leaves or cilantro leaves.
The best mangoes for making panha are unripe.