Paleo Diet – Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
unrefined coconut oil – melted
organic coconut sugar
pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cup
blanched almond flour
fine grain sea salt
dark chocolate chips
dried cranberries (optional)
How to make Paleo Diet - Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg with the coconut oil, vanilla, and coconut sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt in a separate medium-sized bowl.
- Mix to incorporate all ingredients.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the egg/sugar mixture until all the ingredients are fully combined and the mixture turns to the consistency of a dough.
- Stir the chocolate chips and cranberries into the dough.
- Note: If the dough is too sticky to form into balls, chill it in the freezer for 10 minutes first.
- Roll the dough into 16 balls.
- Flatten into a cookie shape.
- Arrange on the parchment-lined cookie sheet
- Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes or until the cookies set and begin to brown - be careful not to overbake.
- Remove from the oven.
- Let it sit 2-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in the kitchen contianers
The paleo diet is not a high protein or high-fat diet by default.