- Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until you get a thick consistency.
- Add the eggs one at a time and then slowly stir in vanilla into the mixture.
- Mix the baking soda with hot water.
- Add the baking soda to the batter.
- Sprinkle some salt on the mixture
- Add in flour, chocolate chips and cuts.
- Pour large spoonfuls of these onto ungreased baking pans.
- Place the baking pan in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until brown.
- Chocolate has over 600 flavors of compounds while red wine has just about 200.
- When chocolate was first found, it was consumed as a liquid and not as a solid.
- Soldiers used to be paid in chocolate during the Revolutionary War.
- Ruth Wakefield sold her cookie recipe to Nestle in exchange for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
The chocolate industry is growing by leaps and bounds and its current market capitalization stands at $110 billion every year.