- 50 g Butter
- 1 kg shoulder of free-range British pork, cubed
- 200 g lardons or chunky streaky bacon, chopped
- 16 shallots, peeled and left whole
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 300 ml dry cider
- 300 ml Chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons of half-fat crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons of corn flour mixed
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
Made with the perfect combination of shallots, tarragon, and lardons, this pork casserole is going to leave you in awe. For those that love indulging in hearty foods that burst with exciting flavors, then it is important to try this dish!
What makes this dish a great option is that it is made with pork. Pork is a meat that is high in protein and essential amino acids, minerals and vitamins that are good for the human health. Combined with other great ingredients like tarragon, shallots, and onions, this dish has great nutritional value.
How to Make Normandy Pork Casserole
The most popular type of casserole is the green bean casserole.