Pavé De Sandre Du Loire Au Beurre
small zander perch (1 kg)
butter, cut into cubes
shallots (finely chopped)
red wine vinegar
salt and white pepper to taste
How to Make Pavé De Sandre Du Loire Au Beurre
- You need to start by prepping the Zander fillets. Make sure the edges and skins are removed and begin portioning it in 4 pieces (150 g each).
- Steam the fish or place it in a baking dish filled with ½ glass of water, salt, and pepper, cover it with foil and bake it in the over for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a saucepan so you can add Saumur Champigny and red wine vinegar to it. Let it reduce by 2/3.
- Now, you can add the shallot and crème fraiche to it. Let it reduce by 1/3 so you can add the butter (one cube at a time) while you are continuously whisking it on low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make sure the butter does not begin to boil but it can “shudder at 90 degrees.”
- Place the steamed (or baked) fish on a plate and cover it with the butter sauce.
- Serve it with Saumur Champigny and enjoy!
- Zander is a fish that belongs to the freshwaters and brackish habitats of western Eurasia.
- Zanders are not a hybrid of pike and perch.
Zander is loved because of its firm, light and tender meat that has very little bones and a “delicate flavor.”