- 500 g couscous
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 100 g dried apricot, chopped
- 3 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon of caster sugar
- 500 ml sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 zest of lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- small bunch of coriander, chopped
- handful of mint, chopped and reserve some leaves
Contrary to popular belief, couscous is an interesting kind of pasta, not just grains. Although, it has an appearance close to rice, this dish is something completely different. Even though, there are many different variations of couscous, the most popular one is the variation that involves crispy onions. To help you experience something delicious, we have the best couscous recipe for you!
Couscous is a wonderful meal to indulge in because it is full of important nutrients. It is rich in minerals and vitamins like phosphorus, potassium, folate, calcium, selenium, and magnesium. These nutrients help in making your muscles, bones, and immune system stronger.
How to Make Couscous
The main types of couscous are Moroccan, Israeli, and Lebanese.