- 1 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp citric acid
- sugar and salt — according to taste
- 1 tsp green chilies — chopped finely
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 tsp rai (mustard seeds)
- 1 tsp khuskhus (poppy seeds)
- 1/8 tsp heeng (asafoetida)
- 2 tbsp raisins (kishmish)
- 2 tbsp dry coconut
- 1 cup peanuts — fried
- vegetable oil — for frying
- 1 cup chivda
How to make Namkeen chivda recipe
While it might be surprising for some, chivda makes a great probiotic food! Consider the fact that the chivda is made by parboiling paddy and drying it in sunlight for a few hours. Once dry, it is beaten to make it flat. The finished product, called chivda, has undergone fermentation and hence will retain the microbes that are good for your gut!
Interestingly enough, Peanuts aren’t nuts. They are, in fact, legumes! Legumes are actually edible seeds enclosed in a pod, just like the peas.