How to make Muslim Mutton Curry
- Wash the mutton twice and drain well.
- Thinly slice the onions, add some salt, and set a side for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, squeeze out the excess water. Deep fry the onions until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces. Juice the lemons and set aside.
- Whisky yogurt until the rear enolumps. Stir in the chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric, and salt. Add the chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, green chilies, lemon juice, and fried onions. Check for seasoning.
- Add the mutton pieces and mix with hands or with as patula. Keep in the refrigerator for an overnight marination.
- The next morning, remove the mutton from the fridge and bring it to room temperature.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan on medium heat. Add the bay leaves, peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom and let its plutter for a minute.Pour the marinated mutton along with any marination liquid into the pan and ring it a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, let it summer on low heat, covered, for 1 to 1 1/2hours, stirring at intervals until the mutton is tender and falling off the bone.
- Check for seasonings and once the mutton is completely cooked and tender, garnish with chopped cilantro and mint leaves.
- Serve hot with khaboos or soft butter pavor some steame drice and onion salad.
1.Mutton is generally tougher and has a much stronger flavor than lamb. It was once a mainstay of the British diet.