How to make Moong Dal Palak
- Rinse the moong dal in cold water until the water runs clear.
- Put the moong dal in a pressure cooker. Add 1 1/2 cups water and cookon medium heat for 2 whistles.
- When the pressure has gone down, uncover. Set aside the cooked moong dal.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add the ginger, garlic paste, and green chilies. Let it cook together for 1 minute.
- Add salt and onions. Cook until the color changes to light brown.
- Add the ground turmeric and red chili powder. Mix it thoroughly and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach. Allow it to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal and 1 cup water. Mix it well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice.Serve it at once.
- Moong dal palak is appropriate for a vegan diet.