How to make Moong Dal Ladoo Recipe
- Take a large wok (kadai). Dry roast the moong dal on low or medium heat for 10 minutes. Roast until they turn slightly golden and aromatic.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Grind the dal in a blender into a fine powder.
(If you are not using caster sugar, you will have to grind the sugar separately)
- Sift the dal. Remove any coarse bits left out while grinding.
- To a wok, add ghee and allow it to melt.
- Add in the ground dal, sugar, cardamom powder and mix with a wooden spatula.
- Continue to mix for at least two minutes.
- Allow the dal mixture and the ghee to blend well and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a plate. Allow to cool down a little.
- Knead the dal mixture and make it into ladoos.
- Store the moong dal ladoo in an airtight container .
- Moong dal small pods contain about a dozen small BB sized seeds. One pound of seeds produces about 6 pounds of mung bean sprouts, the most popular form of this bean.
- Dried mung beans are also ground into flour, used to make 'cellophane noodles' in China.