How to make Moong Dal Dhokla
- Blend the yellow split gram and green chilies using a little water to make a paste of pouring consistency.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, add salt, sugar, asafetida, oil, turmeric powder, Bengal gram, and curds, and mix well to make a batter.
- Sprinkle some fruit salt and mix lightly just before steaming.
- Pour the batter into a greased thali of 175 mm in diameter
- Steam for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. Remove from steamer and set aside to cool.
- In a small non-stick pan over medium flame, splutter mustard seeds, following with sesame seeds, green chilis, and asafetidaand sauté for 30 seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared dhoklas and spread it evenly.
- Garnish with coriander and coconut and enjoy with tangy chutneys!
- Transfer and store in a casserole and keep the dhokla warm for a couple of hours