How to make Khatta Dhokla
- Combine khatta dhokla flour, curds, green chilli paste,1 tsp of oil, warm and salt in a bowl and let ferment for 8 to 10 hours.
- Just before steaming, sprinkle fruit salt and add 2 tsp of water over the batter.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Grease a plate of 175 mm diameter using the remaining oil.
- Pour 1/3of the batter immediately into the greased plate and swirl it to spread out the batter evenly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder evenly over and steam for 7 to 8 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Remove from steamer to slightly cool and cut into diamond-shaped pieces.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
- Repeat the steps 5 to 7 to make 2 more batches of dhoklas.