How to make Masala Dosa Red Chutney
- Rinse the rice, urad dal, poha, and the methi. Soak in water for about 4 hours.
- Grind the soaked ingredients so that they are very smooth. A little water may be needed.
- Add salt. Make sure that it is thoroughly mixed so that fermentation can occur.
- Cover and let stand overnight to ferment.
- Dry roast your chana dal on medium-low heat. When it turns to brown, allow it to cool down.
- Grind with the ginger, garlic, red chillies, lemon juice, and salt. Make sure that it is thoroughly ground so that it can form a paste. This is the chutney.
- Heat up a skillet or griddle. Sprinkle with some water and let it evaporate. Then, pour some of the fermented batter into it.
- Cover and cook for 1 minute. Uncoverand drizzle some oil on the sides. Spread the chutney on its surface.
- Serve it at once.
Bring the Masala dosa red chutney with you to work or school by packing it in a lunch box, tiffin box, or lunch bag. Check online for Vaya Tyffyn lunch boxes. They will keep your mealshot until you are ready for lunch.
- Masala dosa are often stuffed with a potato filling of boiled potatoes seasoned with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, ginger, and chillies.