How to make Masala Chana
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook until the onion changes to a golden color.
- Add the chickpeas,tomatoes, garam masala, turmeric, ginger, lemon juice, and about 1/4 cup water.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cilantro. Season it with salt.
- Serve it immediately.
Bring masala chana for lunch while at work or school. Pack it in a Vaya Tyffyn lunch box and you can enjoy this recipe, steaming hot.
- Chickpeas, also called garbanzo beans, are one of the oldest consumed crops in the world and remain one of the most popular today across nearly every continent. Chickpeas have been a part of certain traditional diets for over 7,500 years!
- In classical Greece, the beans were often included in sweet desserts and were even consumed raw. Ancient Roman populations prepared the beans in broths, roasts, and stews or enjoyed them as snacks.