Marinated Cherry Tomato Salad
pint red grape tomatoes
pint yellow grape tomatoes
red onion, thinly sliced
cup olive oil
tbsp balsamic vinegar
tbsp minced fresh parsley
heaping tbsp jarred pesto
clove garlic, pressed
salt and fresh ground black pepper
head iceberg lettuce, cut into chunks
How to make Marinated Cherry Tomato Salad
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to a large size zipper bag along with freshly sliced red onions.
- Add olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, parsley, sugar, pesto, and then sprinkle some salt and a liberal amount of pepper.
- Close the bag tightly making sure there is no excess air.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Place the iceberg lettuce on a large bowl and add the tomatoes.
- Toss well and serve.
- Did you know, technically, tomato is a fruit?
- There are more than a thousand sub-species of tomatoes