- 1 pint red grape tomatoes
- 1 pint yellow grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 heaping tbsp jarred pesto
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into chunks
Marinated cherry tomato salad is a dish that just oozes freshness and nutrition. Tomatoes are one of those vegetables that bring a combination of sour and sweet taste to a number of different dishes. This salad is perfect for all those summer nights you quickly want to rustle up a dish that is balanced in flavors and nutritious too.Pesto balances out the acidity of the tomatoes and vinegar both beautifully. This salad, like all others, tastes best when made with freshly cut tomatoes and onions.
- Tomato is rich in Vitamin C which helps build immunity. Tomatoes are also a rich source of Potassium, Folate and Vitamin K.
How to make Marinated Cherry Tomato Salad