How to Make Make- Ahead Manicotti
For Boiling the Manicotti
- Take a deep pot.
- Pour 5 to 6 glasses of water into the pot.
- Add salt and oil into the pot.
- Bring the water to boil and add the manicotti into the pot.
- Let it boil until it is only half cooked.
- Take it off the heat, drain the hot water and run it through cold water so you can handle it easily.
- Set it aside until it is needed for assembling.
- Take a non-stick frying pan.
- Heat up oil into the pan.
- Add chopped onion, chopped garlic, ground beef, salt, freshly ground black pepper and tomato puree into the pan.
- Mix everything well until the ground beef is completely tender.
- Add the cream cheese into the pan once you can feel the tenderness of the meat.
- Let the cheese melt and mix up with the rest of the ingredients well.
- Cook for a couple of minutes then set it aside until it is needed for assembling.
- Take a medium sized baking dish.
- Grease the bottom of the dish with cooking oil.
- Layer some of the stuffing at the bottom.
- Use a small spoon to stuff the manicotti with the prepared stuffing.
- Line up each of the manicotti in the baking dish after they have been stuffed properly.
- Pour the remaining stuffing on top of the manicotti.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese on top of the stuffing.
- Bake the Manicotti for 30 minutes.
- Pull it out of the oven and garnish with freshly chopped parsley leaves to serve!
- Although, Manicotti is a form of Pasta, many people prepare it using crepes.
- 3 to 4 Manicotti or sleeves of Pasta are considered as a generous serving.
Among all other forms of pasta, Manicotti and Cannelloni resemble a lot.