How to Make Linda’s Lasagna
For Boiling Lasagna
- Take a deep pot.
- Pour 5 to 6 glasses of water in the pot.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil in it.
- Add lasagna sheets into the water and let these boil until they are half tender. Once that is done, remove them from the heat and set aside until they are needed for assembling.
For the Stuffing
- Take a non-stick pan.
- Heat up some oil into the pan.
- Add minced garlic, chopped onions, ground beef, salt, freshly ground black pepper and cumin powder into the pan.
- Mix everything well and fry until the meat is cooked properly.
- After the meat seems tender add chopped tomatoes into the pan.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, dried basil, Italian seasoning, sugar and paprika and tomato sauce into the pan.
- Mix everything well and cook until everything is well blended and turned into a fine sauce.
- Take it off the heat and set it aside until it is needed for assembling.
- Take a large mixing bowl.
- Break open an egg into it.
- Whisk the egg finely then add cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese into the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well and set it aside until needed for assembling.
- Take a large baking dish.
- Grease it with oil.
- Lay out a layer of the Bolognese or beef sauce set aside previously.
- Layer lasagna sheets on top of the sauce.
- Add a layer of cheese over it and keep adding layers of all three until the dish it full to the brim.
- After adding the final layer of lasagna sheets, top it with the beef sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the sauce.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil, sprayed with oil.
- Preheat your oven at 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the lasagna at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 45 minutes.
- After it’s done, let it cool down and serve with your favorite garnish!
- There is a National Lasagna Day in Italy. It is celebrated on July 29th.
- Lasagna is known to be the favorite food of the comic book cat, Garfield.
A song was recorded by the name of ‘Lasagna’ which was composed by the artist Weird Al Yankovic who made it as a parody for the song, ‘La Bamba’.