How to Make Machhi Amritsari
- Make sure that you’ve cleaned and washed the fish before using it.
- Cut it thoroughly into fillets or fingers.
- In a separate pan, mix the salt, lime juice, ginger and garlic paste.
- Once the paste has gotten golden brown, add in the chili powder.
- Keep it simmering until the paste has thickened and has gotten a perfect consistency.
- In a different bowl, make a batter of gram flour, yoghurt, eggs, ajwain and salt.
- Keep mixing them and add water to get the required consistency.
- Once you’ve gotten the batter at the required and desired consistency, mix the fish in.
- Keep the fish marinated for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and keep it heated until the oil becomes really hot.
- Deep fry the fish on both sides until a light brown and crisp texture is achieved.
- Sprinkle with chat masala, lemon wedges and serve hot.
- Fish do not have ears, they hear through enclosed organs that are situated either side of their heads, behind the eyes.
- All fish sleep, however since they have no eye lids there’s no way to tell exactly when they’re asleep and when not. This is one of the reasons why so many tuna fish can be found in the stomach of slower and bigger fishes.