- 2 lbs sea bass (you can either buy cut steak from the marketplace, or can cut a whole clean fish into a steak)
- 4 tablespoons of mustard oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt (feel free to adjust salt according to preference)
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of black peppercorn
- 2 tablespoon of black mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of coriander powder
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of panch foran
This Bengali recipe is an amalgamation of sorts that combines some of the most extensive and aromatic spices from the region within the delightful taste of a fish curry. The fish curry is worth the taste and promises an exuberant taste to those looking to try it out. The Machcher Jhol is a dish synonymous to the rich cuisine of Bengal and gives a wonderful experience to everyone looking to try it. The burst of flavors inside your mouth due to the richness of the recipe is something that you can die for.
The recipe for Machcher Jhol is full of proteins and necessary nutrients. The recipe helps reduce the chances of cancer, arthritis and heart diseases in your body.
How to Make Machcher Jhol
Machcher Jhol basically means Bengali style fish cooked inside a broth made of mustard. The dish is true to its reputation and has been a rich part of Bengali cuisine for a long time.