How to Make Masor Tenga
- Prepare the fish pieces and sprinkle half a teaspoon of salt and turmeric powder over it.
- Simmer oil inside an inverted pan and fry the fish inside it, until crisp from both outside and inside.
- Add the fenugreek seeds in the remaining oil and crackle them on medium heat.
- Toss in the ridge gourd inside the pan and then add some turmeric powder. Let the concoction cook for less than 10 minute, until the gourd has turned soft. Now, add some tomatoes and put a lid over the pan.
- Keep the mixture under a lid and let it cook for 4-5 more minutes, until the tomatoes have become pulpy.
- Use the back of your spoon to mash the different vegetables.
- Add roughly 3 cups of water at room temperature and turn the heat up.
- Adjust the salt according to your liking once the curry comes to a boil.
- Now, add the fish and keep boiling.
- Remove the pan from the stove and squeeze some lime on top. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice.
The rahu fish is a species of the carp family found in the fresh waters of South Asia. The fish is extensively used in curries within the region.